When it comes to asbestos removal, it is imperative that you hire the right company. Although asbestos removal in Toronto is common, due to the serious nature of the job, any company of interest should offer years of experience coupled with extensive knowledge, including the potential dangers of asbestos and the physical inspection and removal process.
Asbestos Inspection in Toronto
Prior to removal, a professional asbestos inspection in Toronto is required. As part of this, one or more individuals will inspect your home or business to confirm the presence of asbestos. During the inspection, asbestos-containing material, also referred to as ACM or suspected ACM, which is material containing more than 1 percent asbestos, is investigated. Suspected ACM is also material that experts believe to be actual ACM not yet analyzed or sampled.
Primary Inspection Functions
Staying in compliance with Canadian regulations, companies that offer inspection and asbestos removal services perform several key functions.
- Initial Phone Conversation—Top-rated companies will conduct an over-the-phone interview to answer questions and provide detailed information about the asbestos testing services provided.
- Visual Inspection—After choosing a reputable company that offers asbestos removal in Toronto, a certified inspector will visit your home or business for a visual inspection. Through this, the inspector gains insight into the existence of a problem, the severity of the problem, and the specific areas within the facility that require testing.
- Pre-Inspection Report—Prior to doing any work, the certified inspector will provide you with a pre-inspection report, giving you additional opportunity to ask questions and learn about the testing and asbestos removal process.
- Sampling—The asbestos inspection in Toronto includes professional sampling. For testing purposes, this typically involves a swab and/or tape lift and dust sampling. Even the sampling process poses risk, which is why an inspection should only be performed by a licensed company. In accordance with current government regulations, the inspector will take at minimum three bulk pieces of each type of homogenous material that raises concern. The gathered samples are then submitted to a laboratory for official testing.
- Result Reporting—Once testing is complete, you will receive a report about the submitted samples, including confirmation that asbestos is present and the type or types found. Companies that offer asbestos inspection in Toronto usually submit a separate report that explains the lab report in more detail. In fact, it is common for reputable companies to follow up with a phone call or in-person meeting to ensure that the problem and required resolution is fully understood.
If this cancer-causing material is discovered in your home or business, you want to hire a qualified company for asbestos removal in Toronto. Because there are significant dangers involved, only highly qualified companies should be considered for inspection and asbestos removal in Canada.