If a builder completed the construction of your home or business before the 1980s and you suspect the presence of dangerous materials, your best source for analysis, testing, and removal is one of the top asbestos removal companies in Toronto. While it may be tempting, you should never attempt to remove this potentially dangerous material yourself. Continue reading
While not all mold is harmful, certain types pose potential dangers. If you own a commercial property and have concerns about the presence of mold, it is essential that you hire a professional company that provides expert mold removal services. The same goes for any suspicion of asbestos, which, if inhaled, can lead to various health problems, many of them severe. As part of these services, an expert will first conduct testing to confirm not just the presence of asbestos, but also its type. Continue reading
You’ve probably heard about the risks of asbestos, but you may still have questions regarding the importance of asbestos remediation. Before the 1980s, home builders commonly used asbestos-containing materials. Therefore, if you plan to remodel your house or do any renovation, professional testing is imperative before getting started.
Being associated with Air Doctors, I, Andre would like to share my recent project experience that Air Doctor’s executed in Yorkdale Condominium.
In the course of the most recent two weeks I completed a commercial asbestos abatement near Avenue Road and Bloor Street in Toronto. This was an enormous change for me as I ordinarily expel asbestos or shape in individuals’ homes. Continue reading
If you suspect a part of your home may contain asbestos, but you have not had asbestos testing done, now is the time. Please note that even if an asbestos testing company finds the presence of this material in your home, that does not automatically mean that you and your family are in danger. What it does indicate is that asbestos remediation may be necessary based on the experts’ findings. Typically, an expert generally recommends removal if the material was disturbed since that creates a risk of dangerous fibers becoming airborne. Continue reading
Professional asbestos testing is strongly recommended for any home or business built prior to 1985, if you are planning to renovate or repair your building. Up until that time, asbestos was commonly used in various applications of construction. Because many of those structures are still standing, testing and Toronto asbestos removal is critical. With Toronto asbestos testing, a qualified expert will determine whether this material is a risk.
Most people believe the air quality inside their home is clean, safe, and healthy. However, once an air quality inspection is performed, many discover just the opposite. To make sure that you and your family are living in a safe environment, experts recommend a home inspection in Toronto.
Prior to the mid-1970s, construction companies commonly used a material called asbestos in ceilings, walls, floors, and many other places in the home. When left undisturbed, asbestos typically causes no problems. However, if disturbed, even mildly, it has been proven to be able to cause serious, chronic, and non-cancerous respiratory disease. In addition, fibers in asbestos, which aggravate lung tissue, can cause permanent damage to the lungs and even lead to cancer. This is why you need a professional asbestos inspection performed when remodeling, renovating, or even tearing down an older building.
The Asbestos Inspection Process
You always want to hire a qualified company or technician to inspect your home or business for asbestos. In other words, this is not something that you should ever do on your own. Experts in the field of asbestos inspection have experience, training, and in-depth expertise in identifying and removing this potentially dangerous material.
As part of an inspection process, the technician performs a number of services Including visual inspection and possible sampling of materials for laboratory analysis. Once a company or individual is hired, a visual inspection is conducted of both the premises and its associated systems, including the air conditioning unit, furnace, ventilation system, plumbing, and electrical systems among others. Usually, the inspection can take up to two to three hours.
During an asbestos inspection, the current state of the asbestos material is analyzed so the expert can determine if there is any risk. If the asbestos material has not been disturbed or damaged, it will likely be left alone. If it shows any signs of wear, tear, or deterioration, it must be repaired, enclosed, or removed. If the asbestos material is exposed to vibration or rubbing, the expert will probably recommend removal to be on the safe side.
When the inspection complete, you will be provided a document, including the laboratory report for any samples that were analyzed and a plan recommending the steps to take for the safe removal of the asbestos materials.
Toxic mold is a term used to describe certain types of mold that can actually be deadly. Rather than encompassing a single type, “toxic mold” refers to literally hundreds of species beyond the infamous black mold. The problem is that once disrupted, spores of mold become airborne, and might then be inhaled. For this reason, among others, mold removal in Toronto should always be left to a professional company.
Toxic mold is broken down into five specific categories, but each type is found around dampness inside the home or business. These include Aspergillus, Cladosporium, Fusarium, Penicilium, and Stachybotrys. While some of the species only cause allergic reactions, others are extremely dangerous.
The least worrisome is Aspergillus, which consists of more than 160 mold species. However, only 16 are known to cause illness and none are fatal if properly treated. The deadliest category is Stachybotrys, which can lead to pulmonary edema, liver damage, and in the most severe cases, nerve or brain damage and even death.
Mold Remediation in Toronto
Due to the serious nature of mold, it is always recommended that you have a mold inspection in Toronto performed by a reputable and licensed company. As part of the inspection, the professionals use experience coupled with extensive training and modern technology to identify problem areas that might otherwise be overlooked.
Remember, if a mold colony is missed or improperly removed, you would face significant inconvenience, expense, and health risk. A company like Air Doctors that offers mold remediation in Toronto is a trusted source that can find even hard-to-locate mold so that elimination and cleanup can begin.
There are additional reasons for leaving mold removal in Toronto to the pros.
- Quick Remediation—Having years of experience and tons of expertise, the team from Air Doctors will quickly identify mold. After determining the best course of action, the problem can be eliminated.
- Proper Protection—Handling a mold problem requires protection. By suiting up with protective clothing, mask, and eye covering, the experts can get to work without putting anyone at risk. Containment is also set up to ensure that other parts of the home or building and people are not affected by the potential making spores airborne during the mold removal
- Appropriate Disposal— Disposal of material is included in mold remediation in Toronto. When you hire a professional company, literally everything damaged by the mold, as well as water, is removed and properly disposed of. That way, you are never left with a mess or the expense of finding someone to dispose of the moldy material.
The Bottom Line
Using a professional company for mold removal in Toronto, such as Air Doctors, ensures that all mold will be discovered, the proper equipment used, the source eliminated, and future growth prevented so that you have a safe environment.
If you notice a musty smell or perhaps areas of discoloration in your bathroom, basement, garage, or other areas with dampness or water, you need to call a professional company like Air Doctors for a free mold inspection in Toronto. While there may not be a problem, considering the potential risks of many molds, you do not want to take a chance.
Getting a Mold Inspection in Toronto Performed
There are three major challenges with mold. First, some species cause only mild symptoms while others are deadly. Without experience and knowledge, deciphering between the two is difficult. Second, mold can be very hard to find. Third, unless mold removal in Toronto is done correctly, future growth is a real threat.
Prior to Toronto mold removal, the experts at Air Doctors will perform an inspection. For this, a trained individual will look for the presence of mold and, once it’s identified, determine the best method of elimination. Regarding a mold inspection in Toronto, there are certain things that you should know.
- Qualified Professional—Because certain types of molds are deadly to humans, a mold inspection in Toronto should always be performed by someone with the appropriate qualifications. Otherwise mold could be disturbed and become airborne, in which case it could be inhaled.
- Past and Current Mold—In addition to looking for current mold growth, the inspector will search for signs of past growth. Often, past growth indicates that you once had a water problem that still needs solving.
- Hidden Locations—Mold is really good at hiding in walls and other areas. Along with health risks, mold growth can lead to wood decay and other structural damage. Even if it cannot be seen, mould spores can be detected by performing an air test.
- Dangerous versus Safe—Having the ability to identify the type of mold involved, the professionals at AirDoctors know the level of risk. For instance, some mold is actually normal while other mold can lead to major health problems and even death.
- Moisture Source—As part of the mold inspection in Toronto, the professionals will search for any sources of moisture. This is important since mold cannot grow unless there is water. An identified leak must be repaired to ensure that the mold doesn’t grow back.
When to Call for a Mold Inspection in Toronto
Again, if you notice a musty smell or see blotches of discoloration, you definitely want to contact Air Doctors. Arunny nose, itchy eyes, and sneezing could also be indicators that a problem exists. Rather than risking your health, as well as the health of others in the home or business, you should call for professional mold removal in Toronto.