Most people believe the air quality inside their home is clean, safe, and healthy. However, once an air quality inspection is performed, many discover just the opposite. To make sure that you and your family are living in a safe environment, experts recommend a home inspection in Toronto.
Prior to the mid-1970s, construction companies commonly used a material called asbestos in ceilings, walls, floors, and many other places in the home. When left undisturbed, asbestos typically causes no problems. However, if disturbed, even mildly, it has been proven to be able to cause serious, chronic, and non-cancerous respiratory disease. In addition, fibers in asbestos, which aggravate lung tissue, can cause permanent damage to the lungs and even lead to cancer. This is why you need a professional asbestos inspection performed when remodeling, renovating, or even tearing down an older building.
The Asbestos Inspection Process
You always want to hire a qualified company or technician to inspect your home or business for asbestos. In other words, this is not something that you should ever do on your own. Experts in the field of asbestos inspection have experience, training, and in-depth expertise in identifying and removing this potentially dangerous material.
As part of an inspection process, the technician performs a number of services Including visual inspection and possible sampling of materials for laboratory analysis. Once a company or individual is hired, a visual inspection is conducted of both the premises and its associated systems, including the air conditioning unit, furnace, ventilation system, plumbing, and electrical systems among others. Usually, the inspection can take up to two to three hours.
During an asbestos inspection, the current state of the asbestos material is analyzed so the expert can determine if there is any risk. If the asbestos material has not been disturbed or damaged, it will likely be left alone. If it shows any signs of wear, tear, or deterioration, it must be repaired, enclosed, or removed. If the asbestos material is exposed to vibration or rubbing, the expert will probably recommend removal to be on the safe side.
When the inspection complete, you will be provided a document, including the laboratory report for any samples that were analyzed and a plan recommending the steps to take for the safe removal of the asbestos materials.
Toxic mold is a term used to describe certain types of mold that can actually be deadly. Rather than encompassing a single type, “toxic mold” refers to literally hundreds of species beyond the infamous black mold. The problem is that once disrupted, spores of mold become airborne, and might then be inhaled. For this reason, among others, mold removal in Toronto should always be left to a professional company.
Toxic mold is broken down into five specific categories, but each type is found around dampness inside the home or business. These include Aspergillus, Cladosporium, Fusarium, Penicilium, and Stachybotrys. While some of the species only cause allergic reactions, others are extremely dangerous.
The least worrisome is Aspergillus, which consists of more than 160 mold species. However, only 16 are known to cause illness and none are fatal if properly treated. The deadliest category is Stachybotrys, which can lead to pulmonary edema, liver damage, and in the most severe cases, nerve or brain damage and even death.
Mold Remediation in Toronto
Due to the serious nature of mold, it is always recommended that you have a mold inspection in Toronto performed by a reputable and licensed company. As part of the inspection, the professionals use experience coupled with extensive training and modern technology to identify problem areas that might otherwise be overlooked.
Remember, if a mold colony is missed or improperly removed, you would face significant inconvenience, expense, and health risk. A company like AirDoctors that offers mold remediation in Toronto is a trusted source that can find even hard-to-locate mold so that elimination and cleanup can begin.
There are additional reasons for leaving mold removal in Toronto to the pros.
- Quick Remediation—Having years of experience and tons of expertise, the team from AirDoctors will quickly identify mold. After determining the best course of action, the problem can be eliminated.
- Proper Protection—Handling a mold problem requires protection. By suiting up with protective clothing, mask, and eye covering, the experts can get to work without putting anyone at risk. Containment is also set up to ensure that other parts of the home or building and people are not affected by the potential making spores airborne during the mold removal
- Appropriate Disposal— Disposal of material is included in mold remediation in Toronto. When you hire a professional company, literally everything damaged by the mold, as well as water, is removed and properly disposed of. That way, you are never left with a mess or the expense of finding someone to dispose of the moldy material.
The Bottom Line
Using a professional company for mold removal in Toronto, such as AirDoctors, ensures that all mold will be discovered, the proper equipment used, the source eliminated, and future growth prevented so that you have a safe environment.
If you notice a musty smell or perhaps areas of discoloration in your bathroom, basement, garage, or other areas with dampness or water, you need to call a professional company like Air Doctors for a free mold inspection in Toronto. While there may not be a problem, considering the potential risks of many molds, you do not want to take a chance.
Getting a Mold Inspection in Toronto Performed
There are three major challenges with mold. First, some species cause only mild symptoms while others are deadly. Without experience and knowledge, deciphering between the two is difficult. Second, mold can be very hard to find. Third, unless mold removal in Toronto is done correctly, future growth is a real threat.
Prior to Toronto mold removal, the experts at AirDoctors will perform an inspection. For this, a trained individual will look for the presence of mold and, once it’s identified, determine the best method of elimination. Regarding a mold inspection in Toronto, there are certain things that you should know.
- Qualified Professional—Because certain types of molds are deadly to humans, a mold inspection in Toronto should always be performed by someone with the appropriate qualifications. Otherwise mold could be disturbed and become airborne, in which case it could be inhaled.
- Past and Current Mold—In addition to looking for current mold growth, the inspector will search for signs of past growth. Often, past growth indicates that you once had a water problem that still needs solving.
- Hidden Locations—Mold is really good at hiding in walls and other areas. Along with health risks, mold growth can lead to wood decay and other structural damage. Even if it cannot be seen, mould spores can be detected by performing an air test.
- Dangerous versus Safe—Having the ability to identify the type of mold involved, the professionals at AirDoctors know the level of risk. For instance, some mold is actually normal while other mold can lead to major health problems and even death.
- Moisture Source—As part of the mold inspection in Toronto, the professionals will search for any sources of moisture. This is important since mold cannot grow unless there is water. An identified leak must be repaired to ensure that the mold doesn’t grow back.
When to Call for a Mold Inspection in Toronto
Again, if you notice a musty smell or see blotches of discoloration, you definitely want to contact AirDoctors. Arunny nose, itchy eyes, and sneezing could also be indicators that a problem exists. Rather than risking your health, as well as the health of others in the home or business, you should call for professional mold removal in Toronto.
When it comes to asbestos removal, it is imperative that you hire the right company. Although asbestos removal in Toronto is common, due to the serious nature of the job, any company of interest should offer years of experience coupled with extensive knowledge, including the potential dangers of asbestos and the physical inspection and removal process.
Asbestos Inspection in Toronto
Prior to removal, a professional asbestos inspection in Toronto is required. As part of this, one or more individuals will inspect your home or business to confirm the presence of asbestos. During the inspection, asbestos-containing material, also referred to as ACM or suspected ACM, which is material containing more than 1 percent asbestos, is investigated. Suspected ACM is also material that experts believe to be actual ACM not yet analyzed or sampled.
Primary Inspection Functions
Staying in compliance with Canadian regulations, companies that offer inspection and asbestos removal services perform several key functions.
- Initial Phone Conversation—Top-rated companies will conduct an over-the-phone interview to answer questions and provide detailed information about the asbestos testing services provided.
- Visual Inspection—After choosing a reputable company that offers asbestos removal in Toronto, a certified inspector will visit your home or business for a visual inspection. Through this, the inspector gains insight into the existence of a problem, the severity of the problem, and the specific areas within the facility that require testing.
- Pre-Inspection Report—Prior to doing any work, the certified inspector will provide you with a pre-inspection report, giving you additional opportunity to ask questions and learn about the testing and asbestos removal process.
- Sampling—The asbestos inspection in Toronto includes professional sampling. For testing purposes, this typically involves a swab and/or tape lift and dust sampling. Even the sampling process poses risk, which is why an inspection should only be performed by a licensed company. In accordance with current government regulations, the inspector will take at minimum three bulk pieces of each type of homogenous material that raises concern. The gathered samples are then submitted to a laboratory for official testing.
- Result Reporting—Once testing is complete, you will receive a report about the submitted samples, including confirmation that asbestos is present and the type or types found. Companies that offer asbestos inspection in Toronto usually submit a separate report that explains the lab report in more detail. In fact, it is common for reputable companies to follow up with a phone call or in-person meeting to ensure that the problem and required resolution is fully understood.
If this cancer-causing material is discovered in your home or business, you want to hire a qualified company for asbestos removal in Toronto. Because there are significant dangers involved, only highly qualified companies should be considered for inspection and asbestos removal in Canada.
If you believe that you may have mould present in your home or business, it is important that you seek professional mould removal in Toronto as quickly as possible. Mould can grow on almost any surface as long as there is moisture and oxygen present. When mould grows, it produces small seeds known as spores. Although these spores are invisible to the naked eye, they continually float through the air. Whenever there is excess moisture present, the mould spores floating through the air continue to grow.
Air Doctors professionals recently removed siding containing asbestos from a house in Collingwood, Ontario. The siding product was made from a light cement and mixed with asbestos for strength and insulation. Artex surface coating was not found on the siding at this site. The cost of this type of asbestos removal is quite reasonable. Continue reading
What is Asbestos? In Greek, asbestos is the word for indestructible. Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral which can be separated into flexible fibres. It is found in the veins of a host rock, and then made commercially useful by crushing and then sucking out the fibres. Longer fibres are separated first
Mould spores are present all around us. Along with being found outdoors, mould spores can also make their way into our homes and businesses. In most instances, mould spores do not present a problem. Under the right conditions; however, they can begin to increase in number and may produce dangerous toxins. Mould remediation in Toronto is designed to mitigate the presence of mould and ensure it is not a danger to your, your loved ones, or your pets.
If you suspect that you have asbestos in your home or business, you may have questions about asbestos remediation. The first step in removing asbestos is to conduct an inspection that includes a sampling to determine whether asbestos is actually present. Once it has been determined that asbestos is actually present, a plan for asbestos remediation will be developed based on the type of asbestos that is present.