If you notice a musty smell or perhaps areas of discoloration in your bathroom, basement, garage, or other areas with dampness or water, you need to call a professional company like Air Doctors for a free mold inspection in Toronto. While there may not be a problem, considering the potential risks of many molds, you do not want to take a chance.
Getting a Mold Inspection in Toronto Performed
There are three major challenges with mold. First, some species cause only mild symptoms while others are deadly. Without experience and knowledge, deciphering between the two is difficult. Second, mold can be very hard to find. Third, unless mold removal in Toronto is done correctly, future growth is a real threat.
Prior to Toronto mold removal, the experts at Air Doctors will perform an inspection. For this, a trained individual will look for the presence of mold and, once it’s identified, determine the best method of elimination. Regarding a mold inspection in Toronto, there are certain things that you should know.
- Qualified Professional—Because certain types of molds are deadly to humans, a mold inspection in Toronto should always be performed by someone with the appropriate qualifications. Otherwise mold could be disturbed and become airborne, in which case it could be inhaled.
- Past and Current Mold—In addition to looking for current mold growth, the inspector will search for signs of past growth. Often, past growth indicates that you once had a water problem that still needs solving.
- Hidden Locations—Mold is really good at hiding in walls and other areas. Along with health risks, mold growth can lead to wood decay and other structural damage. Even if it cannot be seen, mould spores can be detected by performing an air test.
- Dangerous versus Safe—Having the ability to identify the type of mold involved, the professionals at AirDoctors know the level of risk. For instance, some mold is actually normal while other mold can lead to major health problems and even death.
- Moisture Source—As part of the mold inspection in Toronto, the professionals will search for any sources of moisture. This is important since mold cannot grow unless there is water. An identified leak must be repaired to ensure that the mold doesn’t grow back.
When to Call for a Mold Inspection in Toronto
Again, if you notice a musty smell or see blotches of discoloration, you definitely want to contact Air Doctors. Arunny nose, itchy eyes, and sneezing could also be indicators that a problem exists. Rather than risking your health, as well as the health of others in the home or business, you should call for professional mold removal in Toronto.